For several years now the PRES Staging Resource Centre has had donations made on its behalf. Years ago when the training school needed training homes to bring the students in to stage and/or redesign client’s homes we used to charge $250. While it does amount to a significant amount of money over the years, PRES decided that a WIN-WIN for a charity and a client would be to have the client make a donation to their favourite charity instead of to the training school.
To date thousands of dollars and/or donations have gone to Children’s Hospital, Make a Wish Foundation, SPCA, Big Brothers, Salvation Army and Breast Cancer to name a few.
BIG THANK YOU FOR GIVING IS WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
For almost a decade now, I have been teaching either interior decorating, home redesign and/or home staging almost exclusively to women just like you who have a dream. My role is to educate you in these disciplines. Your role is take what you have learned and make your dream business a reality.
Interestingly enough over this time period, I would say over 50% of the students that I have taught let the dream die. Why? Why is it that some soar with their dream and create exciting businesses for themselves? I teach the same things to all the students so what happens?
This is what I think happens:
* you do not get the support in your home life that you need
* you lose your focus too quickly
* you did not realize that you would be a solo-preneur and that means working on your own most of the time – you may need to be part of a team or with people on a regular basis
* you give up too quickly
* you have negative self-talk that takes you down
* you don’t get out and market yourself enough
* you think because you have a website and your business cards that is all you need
* you lack faith in your ability and you do not trust that the Universe is supporting you
Well ladies, this is what I know to be true about you:
* you have the talent and skills to create a successful business
* you came to me with your dream – it is your dream and only you can live it
* you can find a part time industry-related job that keeps you connected with other people and can be a way to find clients WHILE you are building your business
* you are smart enough to know that you need to get help when you need it – whether this means more education, signing up for inspiring newsletters or daily inspirational quotes, working part time in your field, hiring a coach, etc.
* you can change your negative self-talk by consciously saying ‘STOP’ when those thoughts come in – immediately recite a positive affirmation
* you can start hanging around and connecting with positive successful women (in any business) find out what makes them tick
* you can remind yourself of WHY you wanted to do this in the first place
* you can set some realistic goals in the new year – keep them short term goals by starting with 3 month goals
* you can find out HOW you can achieve those goals
* you can START BELIEVING IN YOURSELF because I know the Universe wants you to have what you want
These are some of the home stagers and redesigners I have been blessed to have come into my life this year – see yourself SUCCESSFUL AND YOU WILL BE!
FABULOUS WOMEN WITH A DREAM
THEY HAVE DREAMS
DREAM BIG LADIES!
DREAMS RIDING HIGH!
IT IS YOUR DREAM TO LIVE
BIG DREAMS HAPPEN!
PS My new book Start & Run a Home Staging Business is ready to be preordered due date February 2011. I wrote the book for people like you in mind – to get inspired and remember what you already know.
A year ago almost to this day, I signed a contract with Self Counsel Press to write a book on home staging for their Start & Run a Business series. Today I handed over the final galley proofs and now it is in their hands. It is due for publication February 2011. It was a dream on my ‘Bucket List’ and now that I have achieved it, I already have another book in mind!
My intention with the book is that existing home stagers, newbies and want-to-be stagers will find some business strategies or ideas in the book that will propel them forward on their road to success. If they are off track, I hope the book gets them back on track!
Over 10 years ago I took a big leap of faith and left a ‘secure’ corporate job and started out part time decorating, doing redesign and staging. I have truly loved doing the work. Being an entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart. It takes persistence, focus, action and a strong positive belief system that you can be successful. It can be a rocky road, with detours along the way and even speed bumps to stop the idea avalanche. Yet everything that has happened in my business – the good and the challenges has all made me stronger and I have immense faith in who I am.
For those of you who are going to buy my book I THANK YOU in advance. If you find yourself in a position where you know you can fast track with me as your coach and mentor, I look forward to serving you in that capacity. You can find me at www.EmpoweredWomenInBusiness.com.
Start & Run a Home Staging Business